Monday, June 22, 2009

Though I only have two weeks left in Costa Rica, there is still so much I want to do! This past weekend we went to UGA’s Costa Rica Campus in Monteverde. It was about a five hour bus ride literally straight up the side of a mountain! It was really pretty and freezing! Thanks to Seester Linda’s Raincoat nothing got ruined in the rain and I stayed warm! Friday night we went on a night hike through the rainforest. That was really cool, we saw monkeys and butterflies. Saturday morning I awoke bright and early to milk a cow. It was quite the experience! After we went bird watching in the rainforest! It was so beautiful to see God’s work right before my very eyes. Everything was so perfectly placed! I can’t wait to put up pictures of the experience! Satruday during the day we had lectures about fair trade and other things. Sunday we went zip lining for the second time. I thought the first time was fun, but this was crazy! We were in the clouds for most of the zip-line! We got to go in pairs , which was really really fun! After about two hours of zip lining we headed back to our home sweet home in San Jose de Pinilla.
I found out the best way to describe how small my town is …”Our best driver ask, where do you guys live? San Jose de Pinilla, we answer. San Jose de Pinilla?? Where is that, he asked? Just down this little road about ten minutes, we respond. San Jose de Pinilla , huh..ok, you will have to show me where.” That is just how small our town is! Nobody really knows that it exist unless you just happen to drive through it!
This week is a full week of work, or at least it is suppose to be. You never know what teachers will decide to do here! Today they decided to end school two hours early so that they could have a meeting. It’s crazy how their education system is so different from ours in the states!
I would ask that you would continue to pray for sleep. I am struggling to sleep at least five hours a night, which in turn means I get really tired during the day. I would also ask that you continue to pray for my kids. Many of them come from broken homes with many health problems. Lastly, I would ask that you pray for my host family, Gusto y Lidette. Thanks for all the prayers thus far! 12 days to go…

No comments:

Post a Comment