So I have officially finished my second week of work ! It is such a great feeling to know that I have completed two weeks. I have done so much this week I just don’t know where to start. Tuesday night we had game night with some friends, which was really fun and just a time to relax. We went to the local grocery store and got some Mac and Cheese for dinner ..YUM..(I like Costa Rican food, but I can’t wait for some American food again!) Going to the grocery store really made me feel like I was actually living here and a part of the society. While we were at the store we kept running in to people we knew from work and the community , and it people were recognizing us. That was really fun! Wednesday night we went to Santa Cruz and went shopping for a bit. It’s so crazy to see how different towns are here. I live about an hour outside of Santa Cruz and it is so different! Thursday night we decided to stay home and clean our room and workout , which turned out to be a wonderful idea. We went running around the plaza and there were a ton of kids outside playing soccer , so of course I had to join in and make myself look like an idiot. That has probably been one of my favorite things I have done because it was all my kids from school that were out there playing, so I was able to step out of that authority figure teacher role and simply be their friend. It was nice to be able to connect with them on another level! Friday I worked and went to a soccer game. It’s starting to rain a lot here because we are in the rainy season ! It’s really nice when it rains though because it gets cooler. This weekend I went to the mall in Liberia to go shopping which was lots of fun and went to the beach to play BINGO! I am enjoying my time here more and more each day! I am so glad June is almost here ! It’s a wonderful feeling!
As far as prayer requests I would ask that you just pray for my kids in my class and myself. Pray that I would be able to connect with them and that the Lord would through me to work with them. Some days are just really frustrating because I can’t always understand they are saying or simply what is going on. Prayers also for sleep patterns. I have yet to sleep through the night here; I usually wake up 2-3 times on a good night.Thanks for all the prayers , I can definitely feel them ! I am so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life ! See you in 33 days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment